Friday, May 28, 2010

What's in a Name?

A lot of people ask us how we arrived at the decision to name our baby Blake. Believe me, it wasn't easy. We both liked Thomas for his middle name, especially since it's my maiden name. So we knew his first name had to sound good before Thomas, and that was pretty much the only criterion. Towards the end of my pregnancy, Ryan was the one who suggested Blake. We both liked it, and it stuck.

After doing a quick google search, I now know his name means both light and dark. Hmmmm. I've also learned there's a Gossip Girl actress (yes, female) named Blake. There's also a pub in the UK named Blake, and it's on Blake Street. We'll have to go there someday for sure... maybe Blake's 21st birthday? And finally, I found a Blake High School in Maryland. I doubt we'll ever make a trip there.

No comments:

Post a Comment