Monday, May 24, 2010

Naps Are a Mom's Best Friend

First of all, as I write this, you need to see my inspiration:



Isn't he the sweetest sleeper you've ever seen? Nap time is our new thing. Let me re-phrase. Keeping track of naps is our new thing. Now that he's about two-and-a-half months old, Ryan and I feel as though Blake should start getting into a bit more of a routine. And little does he know, I'm about to rock his world by going back to work. Naps are crucial, and it's obvious he needs them. Even though he is the best baby in the world, he still gets cranky when he's tired. (p.s. He gets this from his dad.)

Speaking of naps, the other day, Ryan and I caught him napping in his swing in what we like to call the "Touchdown!" position. This is simply a Kodak moment worth sharing.


And still on the subject of sleeping, one thing that makes Blake tired (or at least he gets tired of trying) is Tummy Time. I realize if you're not a parent or a parent of this generation, you may not know about Tummy Time. I didn't. The idea is to put your baby on his tummy so he learns to lift his head and strengthen his neck. If he's looking left, I stand to his right and talk to him. This is supposed to be incentive for him to turn his head and look at me. He can do it, but he doesn't always like it, as evidenced in these pictures.




Blake would much rather chill on the couch in the sitting up position. We can kinda prop him up these days, as long as we keep a close eye on him. He tends to slouch over to one side or the other. But at least Libby's willing to share the couch, and the pillow... as long as Blake shares his blanket. Aaaaaawwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment