Thursday, May 13, 2010

Size Matters...

... at least to the doctor, anyway. Blake got his official 2-month measurements yesterday.

Drum roll, please.

Weight: 12 lbs, 15.9 oz.
Height: 24"

You may notice Blake's weight is precisely .1 oz short of 13 lbs. I suppose when you're trying to gain weight, every point-one-ounce counts. (Too bad the same isn't true for me, as I continue trying to lose weight: "Yay, I lost .1 ounces today!" Right.) Blake's weight puts him in the 78th percentile, and his height is in the 85th percentile. That confirms he's tall for his age. Good job, dude.

Blake was actually more excited about the paper covering on the bed in the doctor's office than he was about his measurements. He learned it makes a cool sound when you wiggle on it. I'll have to try that next time I'm the patient.

Here are a few pre-vaccine photos, when Blake and I were waiting for the doctor. (Look how long he is!)




And then there were the shots. Three of them, to be exact. I'd love to say Blake performed perfectly, but he's a baby and a strange lady poked three separate, very sharp needles into his thigh. Would you be okay with that? That's what I thought. Blake cried. He pretty much screamed his head off. I did fine, trying my best to calm him down. It didn't work until that strange lady stopped poking things him into in. Then he miraculously stopped screaming. Imagine that. Here's a picture I like to call "Baby's First Bandaids." (Notice: no tears.)



He recovered nicely. He was a little clingier than normal during the day, and his thighs appeared somewhat swollen. But our little precious Blake bounced right back. He was laughing with Dad during the lunch hour, and he took a good, long afternoon nap. Given his owies and all the drama at the doctor's office, I gave him a onesie with a fitting message to enjoy the evening in.


1 comment: